We’re committed to net zero by 2050
At Utilidex, we’re committing to reach net zero emissions by 2050. This means limiting our company’s carbon footprint in line with keeping global warming to below 1.5°C – the critical level of heating to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.
The commitments we’re making
As part of our net zero commitment, we will:
- Measure our organisation’s greenhouse gas emissions, including scope 3, and report them publicly each year.
- Publish more details about how we plan to reach net zero by the end of 2021, including setting a net zero target date by 2050 at the absolute latest, and an interim target(s). We’ll aim to halve our total emissions by 2030 across all scopes.
- We will appoint a member of our team to be responsible and accountable for our net zero target.
- Communicate our climate commitments in other meaningful ways, including to our customers.
- Report our progress on short and medium term targets to our Board annually, and on our website. We will track our consumption and carbon through our Analytics dashboard and display our progress year on year with our customers and stakeholders.
As a utility software company we have the tools and reporting metrics for companies to track their consumption and carbon usage over-time, produce carbon management reports and import their generation assets to understand how much percentage of clean energy was produced and what that means in cost or CO2 savings.
You can find more information about how Utilidex can support your carbon net zero journey here energy-analytics – Utilidex and to learn how to make your commitments, check out TechZero (technation.io)
We will be publishing more details by January on how we will plan to reach net zero.
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN HELP
We’re proud to be working with some of the most forward-thinking people in energy. See some of the businesses we’ve already welcomed into our ecosystem.
Read all the latest news, product updates and insights from our experts on all things energy and technology
Short-Term Forecasting of Electricity Imbalance Price and Day-Ahead Auction Price in the UK Short-Term Forecasting of Electricity Imbalance Price and Day-Ahead Auction Price in the UK Authors: Lei Pu, Vanessa Adams As part of Utilidex’s R&D programme in...
With the evolving and changing landscape of the energy market, one aspect which has heralded little formal response to date, is the change of DuoS charging by all electricity networks from April 2021. This is a key part of the Targeted Charge Review aimed at...
Cloud technology transforming efficiency in the workplace For traditional office-bound work, cloud technology has allowed us to perform remotely, the tasks we could only successfully perform in the office a short while ago. Concerns around keeping data...